Learning from Climate Security Practices and Bringing Them to Scale (closed)
7 October, 3-4:30 pm
During this roundtable, five representatives of the community of practice on climate security outline key challenges they were confronted with in the design or implementation of their work and explain what they may expect others to encounter in this field. The roundtable will be guided by the following question: In what way were the speakers able to overcome the challenges and what can we learn from their experiences?
Participation only upon invitation.
- Louise van Schaik, Head of Unit EU and Global Affairs and Senior Research Fellow, Clingendael Institute
- Ayan Mahamoud, Senior Programme Coordinator at the Intergovernmental Committee on Development (IGAD) (tbc)
- Barbara Bendandi, Policy Officer on Migration for the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) (tbc)
- Nada Majdalani, Director of the Palestine Office, Ecopeace Middle East (tbc)
- Christophe Hodder, Climate Security Advisor to the UN in Somalia (tbc)
- Tulay Berk, Programme Leader of the Energy Transition at the Netherlands Ministry of Defence (tbc)
- David Mozersky, President and co-founder Energy for Peace Partners (tbc)