Learning from Climate Security Practices and Bringing Them to Scale (closed event)
7 October, 3-4:30 pm CET / 9-10:30 am EST
During this roundtable, four representatives of the community of practice on climate security outlined key challenges they were confronted with in the design or implementation of their work and explained what they may expect others to encounter in this field. The roundtable was guided by the following question: In what way were the speakers able to overcome the challenges and what can we learn from their experiences?
- Louise van Schaik, Head of Unit EU and Global Affairs and Senior Research Fellow, Clingendael Institute
- David Mozersky, President and co-founder, Energy for Peace Partners
- Ayan Mahamoud, Senior Programme Coordinator, Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
- Nada Majdalani, Director of the Palestine Office, Ecopeace Middle East
- Christophe Hodder, Somalia Climate Security Advisor, UN Assistance Mission in Somalia (UNSOM)